Affects Version/s: 5.0.1 GA
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Report Generation
Environment:Pentaho BA 5.0.1 / Chrome, IE, Firefox
Operating System/s:Windows 7
Pentaho Product: BA Server
Operating System: Windows 7
Memory Available/Used: 16BG/8GB
Database for repository: MySQL
Database for data: MySQL
Browser type and version (If Applicable): Firefox, IE and Chrome
Did you attach logs? Yes
Did you attach sample demonstrating the problem? Yes, see screencast + screenshots
The attached PRPT report (NoteActivityReport_v2.prpt) works well when viewed in PRD by switching between the Design and Preview perspectives. When the report is "Run" (green play button) in PDF it crashes, the PDF viewer displays an error pop up and then as a result the report itself is displayed missing one of the total fields.
The same behavior happens when publishing the report to the BA server, the publishing process happens w/o an issue, downloading the report as an Excel file shows all the data and doesn't display any errors. When downloading the report as PDF the same issue happens, error in Adobe is displayed and the PDF report is rendered with a missing field.
The attached sample report is attached to the Foodmart database using one simple query
"select * from product limit 10"
To reproduce the issue:
- download the PRPT and run it from PRD 5.0 as PDF ( displays error )
- "preview" the same PRPT and notice all the fields are there and no error is displayed.
- Publish the report to the BA server and download it as PDF, same error happens
- Download it as excel file, the fields are there. no error.
- Run it in PRD as excel file, no error happens.
Please see screencast for details