I'm trying to modify XBase class and javadbf classes to get memo fields but I'm not a java programmer...
I applied the patch found on http://sarovar.org/projects/javadbf/ to make javadbf able to read memo fields. I attached the javadbf source code. But when I replace the old class (the jar file goes in /libext/ directory) for the new one in kettle and I try to use the XBase step it cracks with the following error (at this point I think it should still work because I'm not using the new DBFReader constructor for the memo) :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.linuxense.javadbf.DBFField.getDataType()B org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.xbaseinput.XBase.getFields(XBase.java:105) org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.xbaseinput.XBaseInputMeta.getOutputFields(XBaseInputMeta.java:328) org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.xbaseinput.XBaseInput.processRow(XBaseInput.java:108)
org.pentaho.di.trans.step.RunThread.run(RunThread.java:40) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I don't understand why kettle is not finding the getDataType method from the XBase class because I didn't change that class
So the aim of this case is to make XBase class use the new javaDBF package
thanks a lot