- In Spoon we need a new perspective where the user can create new PMD domains, models, dimensions and facts (business tables) without a physical table underneath (top-down approach)
- We need to be able to specify the name of the physical table underneath the business table without it being present.
- We need to allow capturing of metadata for each field in a business table: name, description, physical column name, data type, ... source db, source table, source column, ... extra remarks
- We need to allow the expression of a relationship between one or more business table
Furthermore it should be possible to do the following with the domain:
- Export a fancy report
- Generate a skeleton job that is capable of creating the physical tables, indexes as well an ETL framework.
- Generate a proper PMD model based on the logical domain
- Generate a Mondrian schema based on the logical domain.