Uploaded image for project: 'Pentaho Data Integration - Kettle'
  1. Pentaho Data Integration - Kettle
  2. PDI-2172

Classloader Problem on Websphere loading Kettle plugins from annotation

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Severity: Medium
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.1.0 GA
    • Fix Version/s: 5.3.0 GA
    • Component/s: Plug-In (3rd party)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      IBM WebpShere 6.1 with Fixpack 21
    • Notice:
      When an issue is open, the "Fix Version/s" field conveys a target, not necessarily a commitment. When an issue is closed, the "Fix Version/s" field conveys the version that the issue was fixed in.
    • Operating System/s:
      RedHat Enterprise Linux 4, Windows Vista

      Description

      After fixing the Bug I filled http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-2171 I got another problem. In my sample transformation I use the Generatr Rows step. After the start i got this exception:

      [11.03.09 15:04:12:151 GMT] 0000002d SystemErr R org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleXMLException:
      Error reading object from XML file

      Unable to load step info from XML step nodeorg.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepLoaderException:
      Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [RowGenerator]. Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution.

      Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [RowGenerator]. Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution.

      [11.03.09 15:04:12:168 GMT] 0000002d SystemErr R at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.loadXML(TransMeta.java:3236)
      [11.03.09 15:04:12:168 GMT] 0000002d SystemErr R at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2800)
      [11.03.09 15:04:12:169 GMT] 0000002d SystemErr R at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2766)
      [11.03.09 15:04:12:169 GMT] 0000002d SystemErr R at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2743)
      [11.03.09 15:04:12:169 GMT] 0000002d SystemErr R at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2718)

      next exception

      [11.03.09 15:04:12:171 GMT] 0000002d SystemErr R Caused by: org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleXMLException:
      Unable to load step info from XML step nodeorg.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepLoaderException:
      Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [RowGenerator]. Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution.

      Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [RowGenerator]. Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution.

      at org.pentaho.di.trans.step.StepMeta.<init>(StepMeta.java:289)
      at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.loadXML(TransMeta.java:2945)
      at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2800)
      at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2766)
      at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2743)
      at org.pentaho.di.trans.TransMeta.<init>(TransMeta.java:2718)

      So i debugged a bit in StepMeta. I found out that the plugin is missing in the list (around 180 are listed). I looked at the kettle-steps.xml and found that in the first section the following entry is commented out
      <step id="RowGenerator">
      <description>
      ognl:@org.pentaho.di.trans.step.Messages@getString("BaseStep.TypeLongDesc.GenerateRows")
      </description>
      <class-name>org.pentaho.di.trans.steps.rowgenerator.RowGeneratorMeta</class-name>
      <category>ognl:@org.pentaho.di.trans.step.StepCategory@INPUT.getName()</category>
      <tooltip>
      ognl:@org.pentaho.di.trans.step.Messages@getString("BaseStep.TypeTooltipDesc.GenerateRows")
      </tooltip>
      <image-uri>ui/images/GEN.png</image-uri>
      </step>

      It states that the plugin is read via Annotation. But that does not seem to work on Websphere. After activation of this entry in the xml the transformation works.

      I also copied all Kettle sources in my Webproject without Jars. That works. So it must be some kind of class loading issue/problem or it is different on websphere as Jar.

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              • Assignee:
                Unassigned
                Reporter:
                jobi Johannes Biermann
              • Votes:
                0 Vote for this issue
                Watchers:
                2 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                • Created:
                  Updated:
                  Resolved: