Creating a new "Database Connection" in a PDI transformation takes a long time for the settings window to appear when using Ubuntu 14.04. Other environments do not have the same behavior.
There was no repository connection involved.
|Version||Ubuntu 14.04 Time to Open||Ubuntu 12.04 Time||Windows 7 Time|
|5.1.0||7 seconds||2 seconds||2 seconds|
|5.2.0||13 seconds||2 seconds||3 seconds|
|5.3.0||9 seconds||3 seconds||2 seconds|
During the time when the Database Connection window is waiting to open, more than 14,000 log messages printed into the console window. A log file is attached that contains only the log lines printed while the Database Connection window was opening.
- Open a Terminal window, navigate to the data-integration directory
- Execute spoon.sh. Wait for the application to start, and for log messages to slow down/stop printing to the Terminal window.
- Create a new Transformation
- Switch from the Design tab to the View tab, which lists Database Connections
- Right-click on the Database Connections folder, and click New
Expected results: The window opens quickly (less than 3 seconds)
Actual results: The window opens in 10+ seconds, and you take a coffee break