Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Severity: High
    • Resolution: Not a Bug
    • Affects Version/s: 4.4.0 GA (4.8.0 GA Suite Release)
    • Component/s: Instaview
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      PDI 4.4
    • Notice:
      When an issue is open, the "Fix Version/s" field conveys a target, not necessarily a commitment. When an issue is closed, the "Fix Version/s" field conveys the version that the issue was fixed in.
    • Operating System/s:
      Windows 7

      Description

      When I try to change the aggregation of a measure within a model built by Instaview I get an error show in the attached screenshot. This can also cause problems with saving the model.

        Activity

        Hide
        rfellows Rob Fellows added a comment -

        I am unable to reproduce this with my Windows 7 virtual Machine using the 4.4-GA RC3 installer. Is there any more detail surrounding what you were doing when you experienced the problem?

        I Created a new Instaview project using the Apache Weblogs Sample. ran all the way through the set up and data loading. Then I clicked on Edit in the Model processing panel. The modeler opened up, I changed the aggregation of 2 different measures from SUM to Average & Minimum and saved the model. I went back to the Instaview perspective, created a new analyzer report so it would know about the new model and was able to use those fields with their new aggregation values.

        did you follow a similar pattern? Are you using the the RC3 installer? did you use the PDI installer of the BA-Server installer?

        Show
        rfellows Rob Fellows added a comment - I am unable to reproduce this with my Windows 7 virtual Machine using the 4.4-GA RC3 installer. Is there any more detail surrounding what you were doing when you experienced the problem? I Created a new Instaview project using the Apache Weblogs Sample. ran all the way through the set up and data loading. Then I clicked on Edit in the Model processing panel. The modeler opened up, I changed the aggregation of 2 different measures from SUM to Average & Minimum and saved the model. I went back to the Instaview perspective, created a new analyzer report so it would know about the new model and was able to use those fields with their new aggregation values. did you follow a similar pattern? Are you using the the RC3 installer? did you use the PDI installer of the BA-Server installer?
        Hide
        rfellows Rob Fellows added a comment -

        Bo, can you provide some more detail? I can't reproduce this problem.

        Show
        rfellows Rob Fellows added a comment - Bo, can you provide some more detail? I can't reproduce this problem.
        Hide
        bborland Bo Borland (Inactive) added a comment -

        I just tested on the latest build and it looks like it is fixed.

        Show
        bborland Bo Borland (Inactive) added a comment - I just tested on the latest build and it looks like it is fixed.
        Hide
        jganoff Jordan Ganoff (Inactive) added a comment -

        This was likely caused by our upgrade of JFace during this release. A lot of changes/fixes went in late in the release cycle to clean up outstanding issues such as this one.

        Show
        jganoff Jordan Ganoff (Inactive) added a comment - This was likely caused by our upgrade of JFace during this release. A lot of changes/fixes went in late in the release cycle to clean up outstanding issues such as this one.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            bborland Bo Borland (Inactive)
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: